Friday 10 February 2017

Getting Excited Now....

Friday 10th February 2017

When I began my journey through depression I found that with a few hours on the bankside with good company helped me huge enormously and pretty soon I was relying less and less on the medication to make it through the day.  I would still be visited by the black dog and would plummet to the depths of despair, but a quick trip to a local fishery would soon lift my spirits and I would be back on track. 

Unfortunately last summer I was involved on a roll-out at work for a large national toy store chain  and it slashed my time on the bankside to the very bare minimum.  I managed just one session with Luke on the Moira Canal just outside of Swadlincote and I made a vow then that there would be no repeat of this happening again and I was going to try and get out at least twice a month or more next summer.  I have toyed with the idea of going out through the winter, but I haven't done so yet because of various reasons at home.  However, I have just been informed that the latest project I am working on has been suspended for a week and I had 17 days worth of annual leave to take before the end of March or I would lose them.  The forthcoming week has been booked off and I am hoping to hit the bankside at a local fishery next week to experience a spot of winter fishing.

To say that I am excited at the prospect is putting it mildly and I have been reading all about fishing with method feeders, banjo feeders, cage feeders and every other type of feeder that the experts claim to be the best approach.  I guess my next decision will be what bait to go with and I have dug out all of my old Improve Your Coarse Fishing magazines, quite a few Anglers Times and Anglers Mails, and Saturday looks set to be spent sitting in front of the fire, cuppa in hand and the biscuit tub close by, as I trawl trough them.

No comments:

Post a Comment